Have you ever wondered how you end up on an affiliates page but, you click a link that looks like it’s part of the site / blog you are on… Well below I show you how that is done. Take my site as an example of what the URL would look like…
You’ll notice it a lot more on some of the big name Make Money Online Blogs (MMO). It’s like their way of stopping you from removing their affiliate ID. Because, once that is removed they won’t make any money off of you from signing up or purchasing something. The PHP website redirect also helps to work around some PPC campaigns and I do mean only some… It allows you to directly link to an affiliate link rather then to link them to your site.
Well here is how you too can create a PHP redirect for your affiliate links and websites. Just follow the detailed instructions shown below.
- Create a new folder where you have your website / blog hosted call it “go“.
- Create a new html file.
- Clear everything off the html file… so no code is shown!
- Next past this code: <?php header( ‘Location: http://www.yoursite.com/affiliate_offer.html’ ) ;?>
On the above code make sure to replace the mock link I have placed there with your affiliate link!
- Now save the file as “offer01.php” in the “go” folder you created.
- If all is done correctly your URL should look like “http://www.yoursite.com/go/offer01.php“
- So once you click the URL it should directly go to your affiliate link.
If you have any questions about this post please feel free to leave a comment.